Posted: 6 years ago Quote #69
Just over two weeks till Crufts which starts on Thursday 10th March till Sunday 13th March. All the planing is ongoing--hopefully I will forget nothing.<br />
<br />
Really excited, not only as Cleo is in the ring on Friday BUT we have been asked to be on the Crufts TV, and to be interviewed by newspapers and radio. Why you may wonder. Crufts asked for interesting doggy stories. I sent in my story, how Cleo has helped me cope with my critical condition. She is my assistance dog, she knows when I am ill before I do, she knows when I am too ill to walk or think. She then looks after me. So it seems they all want to hear about it.<br />
<br />
The big hurdle is getting to the UK. Luckily my good friend Anne is coming with me to help with the driving, and the ferry. I do not like ships! So we leave Portugal on 6th March and return just over 2 weeks later, by the time we have fiddled about with the sailings. Finding space with crates ect. We are going by the Santander ferry, long time for me and for Cleo who has to stay in a crate with the other dogs. I hope that she will be OK. I shall worry but I know she is used to travel to shows in crates so she should be fine.<br />
<br />
Cleo is my saviour always within inches of me. If I cough she panics, if I stumble she panics, she can get me help if I need it. A very special dog.<br />
<br />
Will keep you posted with progress.